January 11, 2019
Our Brain vs Our Body
December 13, 2017
Second Saturn Return
October 5, 2017
5 Steps to Take Control of Our Animal "Fear-based" Brain
August 28, 2017
The Trap and The Story in Our Heads
August 24, 2017
We Are Born a Diamond...
July 7, 2017
Come With Me To the Present Moment
June 18, 2017
Mindful Tips On Overcoming Obsessive Thoughts
May 12, 2017
How Well do You Know Your True Self?
April 6, 2017
What is our True Self?
March 18, 2017
Most of us get inside of our heads and go to any moment but the present. So come with me now and do the following:
1. What do you hear right now? Are there any nature sounds? Urban sounds? Take note and listen for a few moments.
2. Are there any smells present? Food smells? Nature smells? Put a name to them.
3. What do you see right now? Certainly the computer screen. Is the sun out? The moon? Is it foggy? Raining?
4. How does your skin feel? Warm, cold, a breeze?
5. Are you drinking anything? Tea, coffee? Are you nibbling on any food? Can you describe what your taste buds are sensing?
Congratulations, you just spent several mindful moments in the present.
Do this often. And the next time you find yourself thinking some far off thought (usually in the past). Come back to the present moment by checking in with your senses. Practice.